Back to Main

E-Z Plantain Peeler

Stored under Caption This!GamesMiscellaneousNewsRecipesRelated EBay AuctionsReviewsVideosVisual Stimulation on February 6, 2006

E-Z Peeler
For anyone who has tried to peel a plantain, you know it can be extremely difficult. In fact, many people would say it takes good knife skills to get the job done correctly. I can confirm this as my last plantain was basically butchered.

Welcome the E-Z Plantain Peeler. Their website describes it as, "The E-Z Plantain Peeler is a hand held tool made of durable plastic with a stainless steel blade and an attached blade protector. This tool was specifically designed to facilitate the tedious and antiquated way of peeling green plantains. This utensil protects your nails and cuticles from becoming sore."

I recently came across this product on a NYTimes.com article which laid out a bit of the history of this product. His original prototypes began as a block of wood and after 12 years, he finally has a finished product that is ready to be marketed.

I have to say, there are a lot of kitchen utensils that are necessary, and some that are not, but I certainly believe that this may be considered one of the necessities. I can see many people trying to figure out how they peeled a plantain without one of these. For $9.99, I don't see how you can go wrong.

I have noticed a huge increase in popularity of the E-Z Plaintain Peeler. Please leave a comment and let us know where you first discovered about it. Thanks alot!

Comments

As saw this same tool to peel plantains about ten tears ago in PR by a man called Julio.

Written by Luis Rodriguez on Mar 8, 2006 08:07 PM

It looks good.I need abut 50 unit for small scale industry.

Written by Geoere Bazirake on May 30, 2006 06:57 AM

I need the tools urgently.

Written by bazirake gwb on Aug 11, 2006 02:39 AM

Please notice that I do not sell these items. Please be directed to the E-Z Peeler website at http://www.lococonlosplatanos.com/EXPlantainPeeler.php

Written by Kevin on Feb 12, 2007 06:39 AM

I love me some Plaintains! As a good PR, I've been waiting for a tool like this my whole life!!

Written by I Heart Plaintains on Apr 18, 2007 05:58 PM

I first saw this item on the Food Network's Awards show just this week and thought WOW, I felt so proud to see a fellow Puerto Rican nominated for a great invention which really is a necessity...question...Does this peeler work as well for the green banana which we use to make PASTELES? I had black fingers and nails for days whenever they were made at home back in the day lol...thanks Mr. Rodriguez, mucha suerte y que Dios lo bendiga ;)

Written by angie on Apr 18, 2007 10:17 PM

I saw the E-Z Peeler last night on the Food Networks Award show last night & thought what a wonderful idea! Gotta have one, but can't get connected to the E-Z Peeler web site. But, when I do, I'm buying a few for me & my friends!

Written by Colleen on Apr 20, 2007 09:09 AM

Where can the E Z Plantain peeler be purchased and how much does it cost?

Written by Karen on Apr 22, 2007 08:01 PM

this is the best product i've seen yet, i own a small business,its called mofonguito nite time and our main menu is mofongo and my workers have to peel tons of plantains i would love to own a few of the peelers to make my workers life easier!please inform me we i could purchase this product a.s.a.p

Written by Eric melendez on Sep 21, 2007 06:15 AM

I want to purchase this!! But the website does not open up ! what other website can you suggest

Written by Puerto Rican on Nov 6, 2010 12:32 PM

Write a comment

Remember personal info?

Gotfruit.com (Alex R. Thomas & Co)